05 maio 2011

“In Your Fridge” ➔ Stéphanie de Rougé

“In Your Fridge” series by the photographer Stéphanie de Rougé, the artist seeks to introduce the people with what their refrigerator contains. Installed in New York since 2006, Stéphanie de Rougé works in particular in the field of documentary photography in NewYork Times.

"Hum…, what’s with the Barbie doll behind the salad?
From Paris to New York,  I opened more than 45 fridges and discovered quite amazing worlds.
Much more elaborate and revealing than I had expected in the first place. But I knew I was at a milestone in my quest of intimacy on big cities when people actually started refusing to show their fridges. As if something too personal was stacked between the cheddar cheese and the mayonnaise."
"So… show me what you eat your refrigerator, I’ll tell you who you are?
Maybe. Maybe not..."

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário