24 março 2011

Reflection of Time by TOM HUSSEY

For his series Mirrors, Dallas-based photographer Tom Hussey paired images of elderly subjects with reflections of the “younger versions” of themselves. The results were so impressive that they were used in an award-winning ad cam­paign for an Alzheimer’s drug.
“I was talking with a World War II veteran, Gardner, about his life experiences,” says Hussey, explaining the genesis of the project. 
He was about to have his 80th birthday. He commented that he didn’t understand how he could be 80 years old as he felt he was still a young man. He just didn’t feel it was possible he could be 80 years old. I started thinking about a milestone age approaching for me, as I was nearing 40. I realized that everyone thinks of themselves at a certain age or time in life. I built a bathroom set and photographed Gardner staring into his bathroom mirror and seeing himself as a 25-year-old young man.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário